Great Southern Stand

Steve Parker presents a visit with humanity at it's most bizarre, through the eyes of a madman!


DOWNLOADED OVER A THOUSAND TIMES A DAY
IN 188 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!

Another ballsy Russian!

Original Story here





A Russian man, paralysed after a climbing accident, who was being driven up the wall waiting for the local council to install a lift at his home has now built one himself.

Now when he wants to get into or our of his fifth floor flat - wheelchair-bound Dmitry Bibikow, 32, from Voronezh simply lowers a winch and is raised up the side of the house - with wheelchair - to the balcony of his home.

He said: "When I bought the flat I had been told an elevator would be built - but after waiting six years I decided to take matters into my own hands."

With the help of friends, the former sky diver and mountaineer built his own personal lift to haul him up the side of the building. It can be operated by hand or electronically.

He added: "Living on the fifth floor without a lift was a nightmare because I couldn't get in or out of the block without someone's help. It was like being in a prison - so I decided to sort it out myself."

Now married dad of one Dmitry says he can get in and out within minutes and can even beat his neighbours to the fifth floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment